Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A kennel name & where has time gone???

   Wow! It's been almost a year, and all those stories I promised and race updates are just waiting to be written. It's been a busy year, but I'll be back at it and get everyone caught up. There's training adventures, races, puppies and future plans that I'm excited to share about...sorry I'm so behind.
    Before I post some highlights from 2015 (pictures!!!) here's some news: we finally have a kennel name! After a lot of thought and brainstorming, here it is:

There & Back Again
(And you can now follow us on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/There-Back-Again-Sleddogs/594777527328723?ref=hl . I'll be posting blog posts to the facebook page also, so either place you can be updated!)

About the name:
This actually has very little to do with the Hobbit and the movies that came out recently...it has to do with the fact that I went to Alaska and back. I leave home, go on an adventure with the dogs and come home to "normal" life. Most of my training runs are out and back. There's a thrill to leaving civilization behind and a comforting feeling of completing each training run. There & Back Again sums up what an adventure is for me - I want to go out and experience an adventure with the dogs and come home.

To get us caught up; here's some photos from 2015 (I'll be posting videos from the season to Facebook later)...




No comments:

Post a Comment