Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Twelve Mile Run

    Today was our first 12 mile run - we now have 136 miles on for the 2012-2013 season. I love this time of year - the cool mornings, beautiful colors and patches of frost. Just 864 miles to go to reach my goal by Jan 1st!
    Races are lining up - the plan is Eagle Cap 200, Race to the Sky (if all goes well, the 350, otherwise the 100 mile) and then Ashton. I'm hoping the pups will be ready to go on a short race at Ashton to give them experience and then I'll split up my race team between a puppy team and a race team for the distance class.

Pictures from today's training:
Nearly to the 6mile turn around.
 

Mambo showing off after the run - isn't he a pretty boy?!!!

Razz

Nibbs and Griz in the background.

Jersey - keeping watch over the dog yard after the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment