Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19th

    Well, after a week of 40 below, we had a heat wave of -22F and I was able to run the team 18 miles. Scott and Aaron are off to the Kusko 300 and the reason I've posted more pictures than written is because not much has happened in the meantime. However, I have a list of topics that I realize I need to post before the next two and a half months slip by...so I will get working!
    Got a bunch of photos of my team and the run today. The sun was out and gorgeous!

Hooking up...
Imagine dog's barking to go!

Trig say's, can we pleeeease go now!


 Urchin's not sure about holding out the line...


 Smokey doesn't want to get too excited...


 Calm, cool and collected yearlings: Coldfoot & Kanuti.


 Roxy & Rowdy aren't sure about getting along...


 Ruger get's to run in single wheel, behind the girls. That's tough for such a cool guy!


 The boy's side of the yard is on the left, the girl's on the right. Feed barn is at the far back. Shed to the right of the sled is the harness rack.


 Almost ready, coats on!


And we're off...down the runway!

I stopped at about mile ten, after going around "9 mile meadow/lake".

 Urchin is always ready to go!


 My pretty little team! Urchin and Razz in lead (Razz's 2nd time in lead!)


 Razz, focused on the trail ahead. Urchin, well, not so focused! His scream is very high pictched, by the way...


 Trig & Hawkeye know the ropes and are well-behaved during the stop.


 Trig smiling and Hawkeye laughing at the joke...


 Razz gets tired of waiting and decides a snow-bath is in order.


 Impatient Smokey!


 Who, me? Impatient?????


 Rocky doesn't believe her!


 Coldfoot shows his enthusiasm.


Coldfoot and Kanuti - brother and sister.


 Kanuti is not going to waste her energy...


 Rowdy lets everyone know she is ready to go - NOW! (the coloring of the snow on her face is from her tongue flicking the chain neckline. Fortunately, Rowdy is "bi-tongual" and was able to let her tongue hang out of the other side of her mouth after the first few miles - solving the problem.)


 Roxy wishes I would teach Rowdy to contain herself...


 My super lead-turned-wheel dog yearling, Ruger.


 Roxy really,really doesn't like her loud partner.


 Ruger is such a puppy, when he gets impatient he just sits down and watches me with the, "...when are you going to hurry up and get this show on the road," look!


 Sunshine on the Goldstream River.


A great day for a run in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment