Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer 2015 Plans

    Before we go back to 2014, this month looks like it will be a busy one at the kennel. As several dogs get older and with the small litter sizes for the Mouse and Rowdy pups from 2013/2014, I took the plunge and bred three litters of my own, and will be splitting a litter with my good friend and fellow musher, Hannah. Here's what's planned...

Litter #1
Summer (2009, bred by Katie Davis - Etna [Jacques Philip] X Lightning [Tom Thurston] and Razz (2010, bred by Scott Smith - Sady [Buser/Russ Bybee?] X  Pepperjack] - Due July 10, 2015.

Summer has been on my team since I got her as a yearling and is the largest dog in the kennel at 60lbs. She is a power house and I've never reached her limit.


Razz was a yearling when I was in Alaska and I fell in love with him there. He's smooth and graceful; I wish I had a team just like him!

Litter #2
Rowdy (Razz's full sister) X Tobasco (Brent Sass - from Hannah)


Rowdy was a yearling when I was in Alaska and has never lost her enthusiasm. She's becoming a more reliable leader and, like Razz, is amazing!



I've admired Tobasco and his offspring at Hannah's place for a while now, but just wasn't sure who to breed him to. He is large, 60lbs + but as graceful as Razz. Very excited to see some of his red pups in the team!

Litter #3
Bella (2011 bred by Scott Smith, Mouse X Yukon village dog [Abbie West's 2012 Yukon Quest team]) X Tobasco

 Bella was a dog I harness broke in Alaska. She's a big girl and gets better each year - actually leading a bit this year. She's still young, so I look forward to watching her mature...those Mouse pups are always good.


No comments:

Post a Comment