Thursday, July 9, 2015

Watching the Pups Grow

    One of the best parts of mushing is getting to watch your team develop and see your puppies fill the team. This year I'll have ten of my own puppies in the team and I'm excited and a bit nervous to see how they do - will they be as good or better than the retiring dogs? The only way to find out is to give them a chance...Frost, Peppermint and Jingle didn't let me down in 2015, so I hope the younger pups follow in their footsteps. I feel like I'm getting some good consistency as far as the dog's confirmation, but in dog sledding it's all about how they do in harness.
    In case you're not familiar with them all, here's "the fantastic ten" young dogs that have been born and raised here at There and Back Again:

The Mouse and Pepperjack puppies - 12-31-2012

 Frost

 Peppermint

Jingle



The Mouse X Mambo puppies - 11-13-2013

Achilles

 Nestor

Odysseus



The Rowdy X Clyde litter - 7-25-2014

Bee

Eagle

Owl

Falcon



No comments:

Post a Comment