Friday, November 2, 2012

Meet the dogs: Mambo

     Mambo - the dog who scared me so much in Alaska because soon after I got there he bit off the end of Flynn's beautiful tail! At 5-6yrs old, he's run the Iditarod and multiple mid-distance Alaska races with Scott Smith. What a gift of a dog - he isn't the smoothest but he pulls HARD and is a big boy. He was always a team/wheel dog for Scott, but I've started using him in lead...and he's quite good. I look forward to long miles with Mambo, who eats and has that "tough dog" mentality of a distance sled dog. In Alaska Mambo seemed to be a bit of a bully, picking fights with the other dogs. Here, so far, he's been great (of course, that might be because he gets to stay in the corner of the girls yard!) and hasn't even bothered the pups that moved into the girl's yard. Can't wait to see how 'my Mambo' impresses me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment